Load Verify’s 10 things to check-off your checklist before going live with your website.
1. Test that your contact us page process is working correctly from end to end including having the correct contact details.
(It’s no use going live with a big bang if your target audience cannot get a hold of you)
2. Test that all your redirects or referrals from other sites have been updated with the new intended go-live links
3. Sign-off on your load testing that hopefully has been based on the number of peak users you intend to attract to the website
4. Ensure that you have the appropriate level of smoke testing scheduled (not to heavy, not to light – just right) Also ensure you have the resources “booked” to perform this as most go-lives are at ungodly hours of the night or morning
5. Check to ensure that no other changes will be happening on your network, or supporting systems for the website that might affect you switching to Live.
6. Check to ensure that the exit criteria from System testing and UAT have been satisfied so you are not going live with any P1’s or Sev 1’s and that the system has been tested from end to end.
7. Ensure that you have a rollback procedure if needed ( this may be quite complex depending on how many systems are integrated with your website)
8. Run a broken links checker on the website to ensure that all links are correctly catered to
9. Ensure that SEO optimization has been signed off and a request for a google or search engine index is in the pipeline
10. Double check your robots.txt to ensure you have given access to spiders to crawl the appropriate website areas to index you; and also confirm that your adwords campaign is in play.